June 1, 2011

thirty days of photos

I know I haven't proven successful at putting up weekly pregno pictures, or at blogging at all, really... there is so much that I want to say and catch up on, that I feel overwhelmed and just never do.

also adding to my lethargy is that the third trimester rolled into town a few weeks ago, bringing with it my good friends "fatigue" and "sleeplessness." Hello, friends. Wait, no! We are not friends at all! I do not enjoy being exhausted from running a couple of simple errands, or my back beginning to ache by 2 in the afternoon...my cue to stop any further activity for the day. Or how about dying to crawl into bed by 8 p.m. at night, only to discover I can't sleep very well anyways? Mercy, the next two months are going to be good times, I can tell : )

But here are the highlights of my current gestational state:
* baby continues to grow & develop without a single known hitch or snafu! Every appointment (every two weeks now, which goes by lightning fast) reveals a beautiful, strong and steady heartbeat, a belly that's growing right on target, a smiling doctor that tells me everything is perfect...and I learned today that baby is head down, right where he should be. (Doi, my bladder could have told you that. A skull pressing down on it constantly is a very distinct sensation!)
* little man is having lots of house parties in my tummy. elbow here, foot there...it's an all-out game of twister, and my visceral organs are the gameboard. But I can tell he is interacting with me... I don't even have to be resting my hand very hard on my bump, absentmindedly, and he'll respond with a nudge or kick. It's super cute! Painful when it's directed at my ribs, but the kiddo is running out of space, so I'll let it slide...
*approximately sixty-five meager days left until we meet our little guy! I've said it all along, and I'll keep saying it...this whole thing is going by so insanely fast. Before I even know it, I'm going to know my boy's face and see his eyes, and tiny fingers&toes. I'm so excited! But also really loving the downtime I've got for now, and the chance to get some things in order before his arrival.

So anyway, that's just a few updates. I'm really running out of room in my abdomen, and can't imagine continuing to grow for two whole months yet. They say it's not only possible, but will happen. Our birthing classes start up this coming monday, so that'll just be another "holey moley, this is really happening" kind of situation.

In my heart, I've got lots going on. I'm on the outskirts of understanding the all-consuming love a mother has for her child, but I get glimpses of it here and there. I can't wait for that moment I meet my child, and it hits me in its entirety.
Jon is on the road quite a bit for work, and I'm busy trying to find new diggs for us (have to move within the next month...praying that God paves the way for us into the home he wants us in, on the street that he wants us on). In day-to-day life, He is teaching me so much about patience and resting in his love. My personal life, and married life has been pretty tumultuous the past year...to put it mildly.
In the wake of everything we are going through, I've come to know and understand God's grace more than I ever have in my whole life. That isn't hyperbole, it is the truth, and my very life & breath. My faith in God is growing from being just a facet of my life...something that I can use to describe me, to being the core of my life. The amazing foundation that everything else about my life branches off of...without God, I am and have nothing!

The outward situations going on in our lives appear a little uncertain at the moment. Kara 1.0 would have been frightened about things we're encountering...and definitely would have tried to control the direction of my life, all the while trying to look collected and calm.
Kara 2.0 IS calm! In my heart, God is calming the worries & fears that might try to creep in, and is teaching me about letting him work things out in life. He keeps showing me time and again that he loves me so fiercely, and cares about all the big and small things. To heap on more blessings, he's planted so many people in my life who love me unconditionally...and that TRULY isn't an exaggeration. You never understand how deep the love runs within a family until you get a chance to test that love. (shoutout to all of you, you know who you are, who are holding us up with your prayer and unwavering love for us :)

Anyway, I don't mean to be vague, but this is a public blog after all! I wanted to give a fair account of who I am as of late, without airing all by bizniz :)
Life is about to get ca-razy, with this little peanut gearing up to make an appearance soon. At the rate I'm blogging, he'll be here next time you hear from me.

But no! My sisn'law turned me onto this fun thing, and I hope to do it:
so stay tuned later on for [hopefully] my first picture of the june photo challenge.
in the mean time, here's a quick shot of me at...I wanna say...28 weeks? Almost three weeks ago, zoinks. I've only gotten bigger since this was taken!

I took this photo a few weeks ago, on Jon's and my trip down to Portland. This year has been unseasonally grey and wet, and it's easy to get discouraged about only having one day so far over 70 degrees. Again, no exaggeration. I don't lie, people.
BUT, living in a place with so much rain & sun going on simultaneously leads to lots of rainbows! They're pretty frequent here, and they always remind me of God and his promises. And they are so dang pretty.

and we spent memorial day weekend up in the San Juan islands, per the request of Brian Howe, and it being his birthday. So we crammed 10 people in a cabin directly on the water, and got our fill of sunshine and great company. I didnt take a whole lot of pictures, simply because I was soaking up the fun. It was such a needed getaway...here's a shot on the Puget Sound.
bye for now :)

No comments: