The answer is that I play on my phone on the cold bathroom floor. The unglamorous side of vacation :)
Nighttime is even worse, as he goes down at 7:30, and then I look for quiet things to do in the dark. Haha, I know I'll remember fondly, and miss, these days of raising a baby.
So hello from Disneyland! Jon has a work retreat here this week, so max and I flew down yesterday to join him for a few days. A great way to do vacation on the cheap!
Our flight was really great! Max is really starting to understand that we are going on a "pane" (as he points his chubby finger to the sky)...and did astonishingly well on the trip. Thankful for only a two hour flight instead of the usual four!



I was really, geekily excited to see crater lake from the air. I've always been fascinated by it, and am determined to visit soon.
We haven't visited the Park yet, just played in the pool and walked down Main Street, past all the Disney hotels. By far, maxs favorite thing to do is play in the elevator bay...

We met up with one of Kristen's dearest friends, now my friend!, yesterday. She brought her two sweet girls, and her cute baby bump also, along to play in the pool and hot tub. It was so good to see her!!! But it's so difficult to even think about taking pictures when I'm chasing max all around!! I feel bad I didn't get a shot of us, but thanks again Jen for coming to hang out with us!!!
This morning max and I ate breakfast at the Rainforest Cafe. I know I sound like such a lush, but when you're staying at the Disneyland Hotel with no rental car, there aren't many options for food except ESPN zone, a jazz restaurant, and a bunch of other pricey places. So, that's where we went, because I figured everything to look at in there would buy me some extra time to drink my coffee and eat my food. We were seated next to a giant gorilla, and I'll let this video tell you what max thought of the experience.
In a little while we are meeting some very dear family to us, who I haven't seen in over six years! It is my mom's foster mom who led her to The Lord when my mom was just 17. This woman changed history in my mom's life, sending her to Moody Bible Institute, where she met my dad...and so on :) I am so thankful that she followed the Lords leading in her life, to open up her house to my mom. I would not be here today if she hadn't! Although not related by blood, she and her husband Jeff are the last remaining grandparents I have on earth! I'm excited for them to meet my boy :)
Tomorrow Jon is finally done with work responsibilities and we're off to Disneyland. Hope to take max on its a small world :)
Gotta go!
[forgive the typos...I posted this from my iphone]
1 comment:
What a great face he is wearing in the gorilla video! I'm so glad you guys are having a fun Disney adventure, and 6 out of 10 sad that I'm not there with ya :)
Post a Comment