August 3, 2011

putting my feet up

The move is over! Seriously, if this last weekend didnt send me into labor, I'm not convinced this babe will ever come out. WHAT HARD WORK! We really were the best prepared we've ever been to move and clean the whole place in one day, but moving is just plain hard no matter how much planning and preparation you put into it. We rolled into E-claw utterly exhausted, and ready to sleep it off, and then spent Sunday resting our weary selves and settling into our CUTE new diggs in the upstairs of Kristen & Ryan's house.

The upstairs "apartment," "bungalow," whatever you choose to call it is so much more than we could have hoped for in a temporary place to live. Kris and Ry did an amazing job making it so cozy and comfortable...we brought just enough stuff to get us by for five or six weeks, and it is so wonderful to just relax and wait for the baby to arrive!

the only bummer is that poor Jon has to commute up to Seattle and back until the little guy gets here and his paternity leave kicks in. That drive is kind of a drag (one that I have to make tomorrow for my dr's appointment, and then again when I'm actually in labor, haha). But it's not really that inconvenient.
Also, poor Jon's immune system has succumbed to the craziness of the past week, and he's come down with some sort of sore throat/cold combo. Not exactly what you would call perfect timing with a newborn on the horizon. Really really praying this is a shortlived thing, and that maybe baby will stay put until he's feeling 100% again. Yes, I am three days before my due date, and I am voluntarily wishing baby will hold on for just a little bit longer!

I'm feeling pretty darn good for being ready to pop! I keep having these crazy thoughts like, "What if I'm NOT actually 9 months pregnant? What if there was some major mathematical error, and I've got two months left?" I just don't know how I could go from this to baby-deciding-to-arrive...but go ahead and chuckle at me. I know it will switch in an instant when it's time :)
Kristen & I took a stroll around the block a couple days ago, here might be my final preggo shot:

The weather is absolutely perfect, Amy came down to visit me for a few fun hours yesterday with cute baby outfits in tow (thanks, amy!!), Kristen & I are hanging outside with Owen, spending lots of time laughing & being goofy & catching up on the Bachelorette season finale, and I get to knit, read, blog, nap, whatever the heck I feel like doing. Is this what heaven will be like?
owen says he knows where baby is, and nods when we say baby is coming soon. But I'm real curious how much he actually understands what's about to happen : )

tick tock, tick tock....the anticipation is kinda fun for me :) ask me again in a week, will it still be fun then?

No comments: