I'm really proud of myself :) It won't be the last time I race, definitely. I could see myself getting more into running....maybe even someday fulfill that lifelong dream of running a marathon?! It's too early to tell, but it was sure a fun morning.
Ryan also ran (the more competitive leg) this morning! So we were able to see Kristen & Little O for a few minutes ahead of time. they are too cute together!

like I said, an enormous crowd. 15,000 + people really clogs the race route, so some serious crowd-dodging skills were required. (this pic looks like the starting line....dont be fooled. this is halfway through the race, still stuck in a mob of people!)


nelson, amy, me & jon. fun with people I love...here we're on top of the Aurora bridge....what a fabulously beautiful day to be running outside!

and I had to put a picture up of a place Nelson took us to for lunch. Jon & I have always speculated about the amazing Chinese food restaurants that must be hiding in the International district, if we were only savvy & brave enough to try one. Nelson, knowing a thing or two about asian culture, took us to one of his favorite spots. We were more than a little sketched out, walking into this establishment. We were very relieved to find that what the place lacks in curb appeal, they more than make up for in yummy-ness. This isnt your average Panda Express!

enjoy the sun, everybody! spring has sprung!
3 comments:
It's actually quite typical that the best ethnic restaurants lack "curb appeal". That's often how you can tell you're having the real thing, rather than the "gone native with Caucasians" version.
Congratulations!!!!! How fun that you found it fun. Indeed, there's more of this in your future. But never say "only" a 6K...especially not with that muy long incline!
congratulations! That is so very cool and I highly recommend the marathon:)
Post a Comment